Monday, June 26, 2006

I should've known: nothing like a deadline to get my butt in gear. ChiZine has its annual short story contest every summer, and its deadline is June 30th. Yesterday and today, I wrote and finished the story I'd been "planning" for about six months and only had a few notes jotted down for. I'm happy with it- I think I achieved the eerie tone I was going for, although of course, it still has to go through the final wringer- er, draft.

So, yay to me for finally finishing a story. :)

(By the way, this is my third year entering. The first year, I placed in the top fifteen; last year, I didn't get that lucky, although the story went on to sell to Surreal. I'm hoping for better news this year, although I'm normally a pessimist and won't count on much. :))

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Athena! That's fantastic! Those deadlines...

Cyn said...

I'm a writing machine at work where there's always a constant deadline. It's harder to make me work for myself. Good for you.

AWJ said...

Thanks, ya'll! :D

AWJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.