Tuesday, August 27, 2013

UPDATES

Here's something I wrote about 6 months ago, to be followed by a current status update:


Sunday, January 27, 2013

I am considering the status of my writing & where I want to go with it. I have a lot of work to do on Token, with the goal of workshoppng & then seeking traditional publication. For a lot of existing writing I'm considering self publishing in kindle format (yes, there is such a thing.)

This was the original concept for FRIGHTFUL NECESSITY:
series of stories that have as a theme the horrors of housework. The feelings of gross-out. Dust, mold, decay. I want to try to work on 1 a week, submit them to places like NOCTURNAL OOZE, ALIENSKIN, DESCENDING DARKNESS. And APEX

So, what have I got so far?
Title
subject
"The Enemy"
mold
"A Night Out"
dust
"Frightful Necessity"
I think this became the daily grind. Is it about jobs or cooking? I don't think it really works as such.

Actually, I don't think the entire concept works. It was based on feelings about housework & being a woman that I don't have anymore.

I know want to work on a collection of short fiction to be published in kindle format, and offered for free, if you can do that. if there's a cost, then charge to cover it.
Title
No.
Status
"The Enemy"
1
Crittered, revised?
"A Night Out"
2
Crittered & revised, I think
Change title from "The Daily Grind"
3
 "Extreme Commute"
"A Singular Being
4
Finished
"Always Birds"
5
I think this was crittered, & could be included in the collection. The subject was "the cold"
"Best Laid Plans"
6
Not really even a zero draft
Pirate
7
This is an outline for a romance novel. Actually it’s a sexual fantasy, but there does seem to be a market for that sort of thing. A lot of work to actually write the book I have so carefully outlined.
On the other hand is there a way to sell the outline?
Rebecca
8
Not sure I want to even deal with this
Séance
9
This is about Mandy & Eileen & so on, real names, isn't finished, doesn't go anywhere
So for the collection of short stories, really there's 4 that serious work has been done on, plus one. That's not bad.

No comments: