Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sorry I've been out to lunch for awhile. My end of summer blues somehow ran into High Holiday Fever which led directly to the baseball postseason and Miranda's 9th birthday.

My November Analog was in 2 pieces weeks ago. It split right in the middle of "Man, Descendant" by Carl Frederick, the spine no doubt weakened when I turned back one too many times to ascertain exactly where that first escape pod was headed. Then my subscription kicked in and I got the December issues of Analog and Asimov's by mail.

It bugs me how flimsy these magazines are. The stories are well worth the time I spend on them. Why can't the magazine stay in one piece until I'm finished reading it?

Athena, your news is really exciting! Way to go!

Linda

2 comments:

Cyn said...

I seem to be in flux as well. Change of seasons, change of television seasons and the arrival of a flock of consultants. :)
I'm having that thing where I can't decide what to work on. I've been rereading a bunch of my work. Good news: I really like my own stuff. Bad news, I can see where it needs some fixin'

AWJ said...

Aw, thanks Linda. :) Good to see you back, too.

I've been disappointed in about half the magazines I've gotten, how flimsy they are. I'm just of the mind that the fiction as well as the packaging should be worth the price. Right?