Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"A Singular Being": 101 days and counting.

The 90 days have come and gone for my submission of "A Singular Being" to The New Yorker. I am now in Black Hole and Query Land.

Here's how I've attempted to query:

First, using the same "contact us" form you use to submit your work, I put my query naming the date & title of my submission and the word "query" in the "message" box. I picked "fiction submission" as the subject line & got a response that I hadn't enclosed an attachment. Next, I sent a query to the email address the rejections come from. Third, back to "contact us" using "other" as subject & my query in "message".

With so much pending in my life right now (mostly the disability application)... well, a black hole also means infinite possibilities, or infinite time, or infinite gravity, or... infinite something. A rejection is so... finite.

No comments: