Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hi! So nice to return after all this time & find some posts!

Cyn, I will have to email you from home. Have been thinking of you, but have not gotten around to doing that. We must catch up!

I read the last Harry Potter book awhile ago.  I thought it was the best-written one.  Very exciting & moving, & addressed my "I am in love with Allan Rickman & am therefor a Severus Snape fan" thing I had going. I wasn't crazy about the epilogue.

I am almost done with revision of "A Singular Being" & plan to submit it to ANALOG again soon.  

After that I hope to revise "The Daily Grind" for a more mainstream/literary, rather than sci-fi/horror, market, which will involve researching that market.

After that I'll think about the novel.

Still sad about Cookie, still don't have another cat.

Love,
Linda

5 comments:

Cyn said...

I have much love for Snape myself. I knew he was an okay guy.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I would have felt if I had read the books & not seen the movies. She really did everything she could to make you hate Snape, starting from the first book when you haven't noticed yet that she loves ugly messy dirty people.

(I'm posting this anonymously but it's me Linda)

AWJ said...

Hey, ya'll! Cyn, congrats on your NaNo words, and Linda, good luck with your story. I haven't posted anything because I've written a whopping ONE story this year. It'll be in the upcoming Apex anthology.

AFA Harry Potter, I loved it, but I wasn't crazy about that epilogue. Too... fangirly, almost.

I post my art news over here: http://athenaworkman.blogspot.com. Stop by sometime! :)

(it's Athena, in case this doesn't show up)

Anonymous said...

Hi Athena! Great to see you!

re: epilogue, I very much wanted to know what the characters did when they grew up, not just who they married & what kids they had...

I reallyreallyreally wanted Harry to grow up to be Defense Against Dark Arts teacher!

I think I'll be anonymous again, as neither I nor my Opera for Linux browser know what my username & password are. (I't's Linda.)

Cyn said...

I very much loved the last couple of lines of the book. The scar hadn't troubled him for 19 years, all was well....
OR WAS IT?